Site Theme Color Editor v0.0.2 is ready for download.
The purpose of the program is to help customize WordPress theme. For example you found a WordPress theme you like, but would like that to be a bit darker. Or modify main colors. In these cases our program tries to help you.
What's new in this version:
- Modifications to run the program easier. That now asks less questions.
- You may specify your favorite theme folder in preferences file. This helps if you run the program many times.
- The physical size of modified images is expected to be smaller than produced by previous program version.
How this program works.
- You need Adobe Photoshop installed to run the program.
- Download from http://sourceforge.net/projects/sitce/ and unzip the program.
- Run Photoshop and open original screen-shot of the theme you'd like to modify.
- Open Hue/Stauration Dialog via main Photoshop menu [Image]->[Adjustments]->[Hue/Saturation] (or press Ctrl+U). And experiment with different hue, saturation and lightness shifts.
- Remember the values you prefer and run the downloaded program the following way: - In main Photoshop menu select [File] ->[Scripts]->[Browse]. - Navigate to the folder where you unzipped the downloaded program. - Open SiTCE-photoshop.jsx file. (File extension may be hidden because of your OS settings.)
- Specify the folder with the WordPress theme to modify (please backup the theme before applying any modification.)
- Specify desired hue, saturation and lightness shifts.
- Click OK button.
Here is the result of applied -55 Hue and -13 Saturation shift to "WordPress Default 1.6" theme: